Improve The Aesthetics of Your Ceiling With Popcorn Removal
Popcorn ceilings just look dated and can be dangerous to your health. Hire us for a popcorn removal job and we will make sure that your ceiling looks better than ever and get rid of all the popcorn material with a minimal mess.
Popcorn Ceiling removal in and around Fort Wayne
Popcorn ceiling removal can be complicated and labor intensive. Let us take the burden off your shoulders and contact us today!
Popcorn Ceilings are out of style
It wasn’t so long ago that popcorn ceilings was among the more preferred selections for home decoration. Everybody knows that these ceilings are also they don’t recognize the right term. They have little bumps externally that offer popcorn ceilings their distinctive and textured look. These ceilings were preferred since they despised flaws in the ceiling product or surface consistency without sacrificing the acoustics of the room.
These days, nonetheless, popcorn ceilings have fallen out of design. They can easily make any room look extremely antique or out-of-date. Even even worse, popcorn ceilings are tough to clean and maintain compared to even more modern-day options. Popcorn ceiling can hid imperfections and it also tends to gobble cobwebs as well as build up dirt. For homes that have high ceilings, this can make an area look messy and also dirty as high ceilings are difficult to clean.
Because of this, several home owners are increasingly removing their popcorn ceilings and replacing them with even more modern aesthetics. This is specifically usual for home owners that are attempting to offer their homes in an open market.
Without a home that has no imperfections and ideal ceilings and walls all the way around, it can be tricky to get someone to buy your home. So it’s no surprise that homeowners are increasingly removing their popcorn ceilings. They call popcorn removal contracting companies like Express Home Services.
Get A Free Estimate
Removing Popcorn Ceiling is a diffcult job
The process of removing a popcorn ceiling is an intensive one. Let’s break down the steps one by one:
- We can then get to work on skim coating the ceiling, particularly around damaged areas. This prepares the surface for painting and helps us to even out the surface of your ceilings. It can eliminate minor imperfections by itself, but only if you have the right tools and the steady hands earned from years of expertise.
- We’ll next use special tools to remove the popcorn ceiling. Specialized tools like certain scrapers and vacuums are utilized in tandem to keep the mess to a bare minimum. This also ensures that popcorn debris doesn’t scatter all over the area and throughout your home.
- First, you need to cover the floors and walls of whatever room you’ll be working in. You have to do this with plastic sheets that are heavy-duty, as workmen and those living in the home will probably be filtering in and out the entire time. Having plastic sheeting in place will prevent the popcorn debris from getting into the nooks and crannies or spreading throughout the rest of your home.
- Finally, we’ll apply a fresh coat of paint primer on your ceiling to seal any microscopic cracks and improve the durability of your ceiling for a long time to come. We can then paint the ceiling in the color of your choice; we offer all sorts of shades to benefit multiple aesthetic types and to ensure that your new ceiling gels well with the rest of your home.
- Next, our guys will prep the ceiling by spring the surface with a small amount of water. This prepares the popcorn material to be scraped away with a minimum of effort. But only professional contractors like us at Home Express know how much water to use and where best to apply it.
All in all, popcorn ceiling removal is an intense and complicated process. That’s why it’s only smart to hire dedicated popcorn removal contractors to handle the job. Special tools for scraping, sanding and vacuuming all of the dust that accumulates on the ground are necessary if you don’t want to be picking up after the ceiling for weeks on end.
Plus, hiring our guys to do this job for you will be a lot easier than the alternative. Popcorn ceiling removal is necessarily time-consuming and can be physically laborious. Some ceilings are really high or hard to reach, and other ceilings are very wide and have lots of square footage. Popcorn patterns can also vary in intricacy, perhaps requiring additional water or even more specialized tools to complete the job.
Don’t do it yourself, call the professionals
When you decide it’s time to remove those popcorn ceilings, we at Home Express can handle it. Each of our team members has years of experience on the job and are in good physical condition. This allows anyone we send to your home to be able to handle ceiling maintenance and cleaning, even if they have to spend several hours on a ladder or in a strange position.
Calling a popcorn ceiling removal company is the right move, even if you have a little DIY home maintenance experience. In a nutshell, calling a professional contracting company will ensure that you receive quality and attention to detail throughout the job.
Popcorn Removal Companies Near Me
If you live in or around the Fort Wayne area, give us a call at (260) 216- 8064 There simply no one better when it comes to popcorn ceiling removal and other ceiling maintenance tasks. We can offer you a free consultation and have one of our contractors come out to your home to see what needs to be done. We can formulate an action plan and involve you in every step of the planning process. Whatever you need, we can help!
Professional Popcorn Ceiling Removal In Fort Wayne